Tuesday, November 08, 2005

self portrait tuesday

Here's my second entry for Exploration of Identity, this month's theme for SPT.

I Am a Writer
This is harder to say aloud than the goddess thing.
See how I smirk? It's to hide how serious I take it, how much I think about it.
All encompassing feels like a weakness, sometimes.
When I write, I feel like
I'm running naked in an empty parking lot carpeted with bubble wrap.
The running can be frustrating. The popping is always joy-filled.
When I write, even when I write fiction,
is when I feel the most honest.

14 comments:

Heidi R. said...

thats awesome!!!!

kristen said...

really great.

Unknown said...

I love this SPT! I like how your naked and open with the book.

Says it all :O)

kiki said...

this is such an awesome picture, i love it.

Anonymous said...

So fabulous! M

Heather said...

Great picture!! Great image, I'd like to run naked over some bubble wrap sometime, fun.

Marigoldie said...

Yes!

Bethany said...

I love this!

Anonymous said...

Hey, by the way.

I'm renewing my gym membership because of you.

Misty Mawn said...

I love this SP! Love the Expression!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Incredible!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment about my picture. It meant alot because I happen to think your the bomb diggity!

Michelle said...

Love the photo. You know, I thought you had on a shirt that was off the shoulder on one arm. How funny. It's even better now that I get the whole picture. You are most definitey a writer girl and a good one at that.