Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I almost got to Self Portrait Tuesday

I was really excited about doing Self Portrait Challenge because this month's theme is Glamor. That's my kind of theme. And though I can't wait to dive into that, I ran out of blessed time this week.

Instead, the girls and I picked up these glamorous badges:


I love to take them voting with me. We all cram into the booth and talk too loudly. I hold the faux pencil and let them push it down to make the hole, let them feel what it's like. I'm always waiting for the Voting Poll People to tell me not to do that, but they never do. Tonight Maya told Mina to be quiet so no one would copy ours. I said, "We want them to copy ours. But they have a right to their own opinion."

"Why can't I vote now?" "Why won't Bush stop the war?" "How do you know you're punching the right hole?" "What if you mess up? Can you get another one?" "What's a Lieutenant Governor?" "Do women run for govenor?" "I have to go potty." "Do you know these people on the ballot?" "What's the Green Party?" "You don't vote for the Green Party?" "Peace and what party?" "What if it's the day before your 18th birthday, can you still vote?" We just talk it up in a 2 x 2 space.

And here is Mina's home work for today:

6 comments:

deezee said...

Bravo. That's my kind of glamour...

Anonymous said...

We had similar conversations in my booth yesterday morning but with the new electronic boxes, I got all flustered and cast my vote after picking only the Senate ~ the other 10 issues I missed on because I screwed up. So you can tell your girls, when you screw up, you are SOL. But at least I got the senate vote in, the one that mattered.

Terrific photo girl, as always.

angela said...

i love that you squeeze in together. the art work is a keeper :)

Kathleen said...

love it love it love IT!
hee...especially "we want them to copy off of us!"

i am mad that i didn't get a damn sticker! man oh man...it would have made my spc perfect.

you rock, girl. and one day. one day...we are going to have to get together and talk for days.
(my brother in law lives in culver city).

Deb R said...

That's fabulous! I love that your girls are going to grow up knowing exactly what voting is about and will feel comfortable the first time they get to vote.

Anonymous said...

i vote for mina.